Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dark Shadows Under the Door

Like a scene out of a horror movie, I found myself in a situation late last night that left me a little "iffy" about digging this whole "having a ghost in my house" thing. If you have been following any of the articles about my "personal" haunting, you know that there is definitely something strange going on in my house. There have been only what can be described as strange lights on the windows, smoky ball-like apparitions appearing in the windows and walls, a pet cage rattling on it's own, to something unseen brushing against my leg.  The unseen brush incident was last May of which I did not write about because it was just too bizarre and a bit spooky to me to admit that it actually happened. I will elaborate more on it later as it actually ties in with this latest incident.


This is an altered reproduction of the dark shadow seen moving under the door.  Knowing that there was no one or no pets in the room, would you open the door?

Late last evening around midnight, I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed.  As I opened the door to leave I glanced up. The hallway was dark as I didn't turn the light on.  The only light in the hall was that from the bathroom and that coming from the crack under my bedroom door which was at the opposite end of the hall. I immediately noticed what appeared to be the shadow of something behind the door moving from the right to the left. I actually thought nothing of it at first, thinking that it was one of my cats.  However, as I took a few more steps down the hall, I realized that I didn't allow my cats go in my bedroom.  Then I got a little concerned.

As I approached the door, I began to suspect that this may be another visit from our resident ghost.  This is the part where I asked my self, "Do I open the door, or not?"  This is the part in horror movies where the stupid person gets themselves into trouble.  Except this was very real.  Feeling that I was not in harm's way, I slowly opened the door.

The whole time frame that this took place, that is me opening the bathroom door to opening the bedroom door, was only about 5 seconds in real time.  As I opened the door, there was nothing.  I checked the room for a cat that may have scooted past my legs and ran into the room.  No cats.  I even questioned whether my eyes may have been playing tricks on me as I exited the brightly lit bathroom to the dark hallway with just the light from under the door at the end. I went back into the bathroom and recreated the scenario. The light under the door looked normal.

During the day today as I thought about what had happened, I realized more and more that it was likely a visit from our paranormal friend.  There was something all wrong about the shadow itself.  Although I only saw it for a split second, it wasn't really like a shadow at all.  It was more like the smoky object that I had seen just below at the bottom of the stairs.  I actually tried to reproduce the "shadow" that I had seen for the photo for this article to demonstrate what it looked like. I couldn't do it.  The layout of the lighting that was on in the room, was all wrong. It was impossible to cast a shadow in the way that I had seen it. Whatever the object was, it would have had to have been immediately to the left of the shadow because that is where the light is.  Not only that, but just behind the door is a pile of things that are stacked there and a dresser. It  wouldn't have been possible for anything to cast a shadow immediately in front of the door and not be that close to it. I would have seen the feet of whatever it was. This leads me to believe that it didn't have any!

That smokey object that I saw previously had actually gone up the stairs!  Conveniently, my bedroom where this latest object was spotted, is at the top of the stairs.  Most of these sightings have been around the stairs or close to them for some reason.  And the incident I mentioned above, the "unseen brush by", took place on those stairs!



Most of the paranormal sightings in my house are centered around this stairwell.  Stairway to Heaven?  Or Hell?

I was walking up the stairs to the second floor one day and usually at least one of my cats will run up the stairs with me. Just because that is what cats do.  I heard a cat running by my left side up the stairs, but then at that very moment on my right side, I felt, not heard, but felt something brushing my leg going down the stairs.  I immediately stopped and looked down at the landing below.  Nothing.  I looked up to the top of the landing and the cat that was with me was already standing there waiting for me.  This really creeped me out that this unseen entity actually touched me. By far this has been the most disturbing event that has happened so far.

I'm not sure why, but the sightings of the unexplained lights and shadows, have a pattern.  The object is always moving from the right to the left.  Very strange.  And the real creepy thing that gets me, is that room at the top of the stairs where I saw this dark shadow last evening, was room that the infant child that my neighbor told me about, supposedly died in. Got tingles going up your spine?  I do.




Related articles:
Cats and Ghosts, A Strange Mutual Fear Relationship
Another Paranormal Encounter Witnessed By A Cat
Our Resident Poltergeist - Caught on Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment